[quartznet:4116] Quartz.NET 2.5.0 and Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal

[quartznet:4116] Quartz.NET 2.5.0 and Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal

Julian Cowking
Hi

I have just upgrade my Quartz.NET server to 2.5.0 (Quartz.Server.exe).  Prior to upgrade everything was working great. I simply took the precompiled exe from sourceforge.

I am trying to use the Common.Logging.Log4Net.Univeral to get everything talking to the latest version of Log4Net - currently 2.0.7

In the Quartz.Server.config file I have to repoint the configuration/common/logging/factoryAdapter to:

<factoryAdapter type="Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal.Log4NetFactoryAdapter, Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal"/>

I've noticed from the Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal source code (and errors!) that the new factory adapter does not take any constructor arguments.

My previous setting here was
<factoryAdapter type="Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal.Log4NetFactoryAdapter, Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal">
          <arg key="configType" value="INLINE"/>
          <arg key="level" value="ALL" />
</factoryAdapter>

Previously, I would then detail the log4net settings in the same config file.

Now that the Universal adapter takes no parameters, I'm unable to get any logging happening.  The inline log4net config isn't picked up.

Does anyone know how I can tell the new adapter where to get its logging config from?  I should note here that Quartz and its jobs are working fine - its just I get no logging.
Thanks in advance - I'm quite new to both Quartz and log4net.

Julian

[quartznet:4124] Re: Quartz.NET 2.5.0 and Common.Logging.Log4Net.Universal

Andrew Alkema
Hey Julian

I'm having the same issue - did you ever figure something out here?

Thanks,

-Andrew