[quartznet:4130] Quartz.NET 2.6 and 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

[quartznet:4130] Quartz.NET 2.6 and 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

Marko Lahma
A big backlog cleaning edition now that summer vacation permitted to
use time on long-standing issues:

https://www.quartz-scheduler.net/2017/07/30/quartznet-2.6-released.html

Quartz.NET 3.0 Alpha 3 widens db support, adds netstandard20 preview,
fixes some annoyances (and has the fixes from 2.6):

https://www.quartz-scheduler.net/2017/07/30/quartznet-3.0-alpha3-released.html

Best Regards,
Marko Lahma
Quartz.NET Project Lead

RE: [quartznet:4132] Quartz.NET 2.6 and 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

Sean Farrow-2
Hi,

I've just looked at the v3 issues.
Has the http stuff been started? Could we not use TZDB to provide timezone data?
Happy to help with either where I can.
Kind regards
Sean.

Re: [quartznet:4135] Quartz.NET 2.6 and 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

Marko Lahma
TZDB: You can configure your own time zone id resolver since 2.6:
https://github.com/quartznet/quartznet/blob/master/src/Quartz/Util/TimeZoneUtil.cs#L53
. This allows you to resolve to TZDB too if that's your use case.

HTTP/remote API: Still thinking about this. It might be that this
would be offered as a paid/commercial add-on on top of the free 3.0
offering, it's non-trivial amount of work to get it right. Naturally
I'd expect some backlash when everything would't be free.

-Marko