[quartznet:4140] Undeleted Fired tigger blocks other scheduled or ad-hoc triggers forever

[quartznet:4140] Undeleted Fired tigger blocks other scheduled or ad-hoc triggers forever

A2016
We are using Quartz.NET 2.4.1.

We just found that the record created in the QRTZ_FIRED_TRIGGERS table is not deleted after the trigger is completed or cancelled as a result, all other triggers in the QRTZ_TRIGGERS table reminds in "Blocked" status forever which blocks the entire system.

To solve the issue, we had to delete that record from QRTZ_FIRED_TRIGGERS  and also changed the status of the blocked triggers to "Waiting" but the issue repeats again as soon as the next trigger in line gets fired.

Can you please someone explain if it is an existing issue?

Is there any solution or workaround for that?

Thanks

[quartznet:4141] Re: Undeleted Fired tigger blocks other scheduled or ad-hoc triggers forever

A2016

More Information:

We have a Windows Service which is responsible to create jobs/triggers and start scheduler.

We have implemented all 3 types of listeners and logged all relevant events and found out that although the database is not being cleaned out after the trigger is completed ( The original issue raised in the above post), all events (including “TriggerFinalized” and “SchedulingDataCleared”) were fired so cannot get why the database was not cleaned after that.

What we have found is that restarting our Windows Service causes cleaning the database by Quartz but the issue repeats again as soon as the next trigger in line gets fired.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks