scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the cluster

scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the cluster

popianovka
I'm noticing a strange behavior in clustering that is causing erratic behavior.  Some of my jobs hang while waiting for outside web service calls, and they must hang for a while by necessity.  If they hang for too long though, I notice the job starts to get picked up by other nodes in the cluster, even though this is a stateful job, and is not finished, so no other job of its type should fire.  I'm also noticing this in the logs

This scheduler instance (SchedulerName) is still active but was recovered by another instance in the cluster.  This may cause inconsistent behavior.

Questions:

1) Is there some sort of Quartz thread which stands outside the cluster and looks for nodes that are hanged?
2) If so, does it then ask another node to deal with the same job?
3) How long must a node be hanging before Quartz asks another node to take the job?
4) Is that amount of time configurable?
5) Can I turn off this behavior entirely, since I expect hanging time in my job?

Things to know about my system:
MySQL database, not running schedulers in a web container, multiple Windows boxes, clocks ARE synchronized extremely regularly.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the cluster

popianovka
I am experiencing the same thing with these logging messages as well as the following:

Jul 26, 2007 12:36:17 PM org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport clusterRecover
INFO: ClusterManager: Scanning for instance "someothernode11233"'s failed in-progress jobs.

Is there any documentation on what these warnings mean, it's not clear by the messages themselves?

We have a bunch of nodes in the cluster, all time synced,  and we are in a testing phase and nodes are restarted frequently.

Also I have supressed quartz logging in my web apps log4j configuration but I still get thousands of these messages in Tomcat's catalina.out.  How do you turn them off???

Enviroment:
Tomcat 5.5.28
Quartz 1.6
Oracle 10
Solaris/Windows mixed OS

Re: scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the cluster

popianovka
Hi, you may want to check out these links on the this issue:

http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?messageID=178347&#178347

http://java2.5341.com/msg/177755.html

Re: scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the clu

popianovka
I am also facing the same problem and i am yet to get the solution and unaware of the rootcause,why this warning message keeps on coming and how to avoid.if anybody knows please reply back

Re: scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the cluster

popianovka
Same problem here. And neither of the above links seem related to the problem. The warning message is not the same.

Re: scheduler instance still active, recovered by other instance in the cluster

fkhosravi
You found any solution for this?